ICU Manual Slide (IC-18)
- Work included: Furnishing and installing factory fabricated and finished intensive care unit manual sliding door system.
Related Work: [Insert applicable section including]
- Section 07900 – Caulking
- Section 08400 – Entrances and Storefronts
- Section 08710 – Finished Hardware
- Section 08800 – Glazing
- Section 16120 – Electrical
- Product Data: Provide manufacturer’s product and complete installation data for all materials in this specification.
- Shop Drawings: Show profiles, joining method, location of components, anchorage details, adjacent construction interface and dimensions as well as all necessary wiring and electrical requirements.
- Samples: Sized to adequately represent material
- Contract Closeout: Submit the Manufacturer’s warranty and performance certification (if applicable)
- Installation Guide: Provide written installation and operating manuals and/or installation recommendations.
1.03 Quality Assurance
- Manufacturer must have a minimum of ten (10) years experience in the fabrication of aluminum and glass door assembly similar to those specified. Installation shall be approved by an AAADM certified inspector.
1.04 Product Handling
- All materials shall arrive in the manufacturers original sealed, labelled containers.
- Store materials in a dry, protected, well-vented area. Report any damaged material immediately to the delivering carrier and note such damage on the carrier’s freight bill of lading.
- Remove and dispose of all protective materials after installation.
- Proposals for substitution products will be accepted only from bidding contractors a minimum of 10 working days before the bid due date. The proposed substitution shall meet the performance and quality requirements of the specification.
1.06 Job Condition
- Verify that other trades are complete before installing the intensive care unit manual sliding door system.
- Mounting surfaces shall be plumb, straight and secure; substrates shall be proper dimension and material.
- Refer to the construction documents, shop drawings and manufacturer’s installation instructions.
- Coordinate installation with the glass and glazing.
- Observe all appropriate OSHA safety guidelines for this work.
- Manufacturer’s Standard Warranty: Warranted materials shall be free of defect in material and workmanship for three years after installation
- Hunter Automatics,
DITEC Entrematic Canada Inc,
221 A. Racco Parkway,
Vaughan, Ontario, L4J 8X9.
2.02 Intensive Care Unit Manual Sliding Door System
- Intensive care unit door system: Shall be Hunter Automatics Manual Sliding Door System. The system shall consist of sliding aluminum door(s) and sidelight(s) (unglazed), frames and header, completely engineered, manufactured and assembled by Hunter Automatics. All components shall be factory assembled, adjusted and tested.
- Sliding Aluminum Doors: Provide through bolted door units (narrow or medium stile) to dimension heights and widths with intermediate rail(s) and corresponding glazing stops to accommodate 1/4” (6mm) or 5/8” (16mm) glass thickness. Sliding door(s) and sidelight(s) shall be sized to prevent pinch points at meeting stiles.
- Door Operation: Shall be either the 2 panel, 3 panel and 4 panel basic package or the 3 panel or 6 panel telescopic package. Custom engineered door packages are also available. All systems are available with or without floor tracks.
- Aluminum Frame & Extrusions: Shall be a minimum .125” (3mm) in integral structural sections. The frame shall be 4 1/2” (114mm) deep x 1 3/4” wide (44mm) section with basic package or 6” deep (152mm) with telescopic package. The bi-part transom package shall contain one vertical transom tube, specify if desired. Transoms are available for ¼” (6mm) or 1” (24mm) glazing.
- Aluminum Extrusion Finish: Standard anodized finish shall be Clear or Dark Bronze. Special anodized, painted and clad finishes are available upon request. Specify type and color.
- Aluminum Sidelight(s): Provide through bolted sidelight units (narrow or medium stile) to dimension heights and widths with intermediate rail(s) and corresponding glazing stops to accommodate 1/4” (6mm) or 5/8” (16mm) glass thickness. Sliding door(s) and sidelight(s) shall be sized to prevent pinch points at meeting stiles. The sidelight(s) (SO) shall swing and allow the sliding door(s) to “breakaway” to the full open position for instant egress at any point in the door’s movement. Doors and panels in the “break out” mode shall provide double the normal entrance opening. 90 degree (concealed) door holders to control opening swing strokes are optional.
- Pivot Assemblies for trackless (SX) panel applications shall allow the sliding panels to swing outward for emergency egress without the need of a lower pivot support.
- Header Case: Shall be 4½” wide x 3 5/8” high (114 mm x 92mm) extruded aluminum. The header shall encompass the door track and anti-riser guide. The extruded aluminum cover shall have a continuous self-locking hinge which allows it to open flush with the top of the header.
- Door Hanger Wheels: Shall be 2½” (64mm) diameter nylon wheels with stainless steel lifetime lubricated ball bearing centres. The sliding door(s) shall be held on the track by 2” (51mm) anti-riser wheels and supported by a factory adjusted cantilever support & pivot assembly. The door height shall have an adjustment as required by field conditions. All door height and ant-rise adjustments shall be fully accessible with the hinge cove in the “open” position
- Floor Track: Specify type, (Track or Trackless) Provide a recess mounted floor track as means to guide the sliding door. Specify if applicable surface mounted threshold.
- Architectural Hardware shall be supplied with painted finish. Standard color of finish shall be silver or flat black. Recessed door pulls shall be provided for easy movement of doors. Surface mounted
“D” shaped pull handles are optional. Positive latching handles are also optional. Stops shall be provided in the header to limit door slide travel.
- Static Electric Grounding, specify if applicable. All ICU manual sliding doors shall be provided with static electric grounding.
- Accessories: The lead stile of the sliding door(s) and the pivot stile of the sidelight(s) shall be provided with double vinyl weather stripping.
2.03 OPERATING CONDITIONS
- All ICU manual sliding door system components shall operate between -30F (-34C) and +130F (54C) in all climate conditions.
- Verify that the intensive care unit manual sliding door system installation will not disrupt other trades. The door installer shall verify that the installation area is dry, clean and free of foreign
matter. Check as-built conditions and verify the manufacturer’s details for accuracy to fit the wall assembly prior to fabrication. Report in writing to the Contractor any conditions that are detrimental to the proper functioning of the intensive care unit door package. Installation shall proceed once unsatisfactory conditions have been corrected in accordance to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
3.02 Installation of Intensive care Unit manual Sliding Door System:
- Installation shall be by an installer approved and trained by the manufacturer in strict accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and fire marshal’s listing requirements.
- Comply with the ICU manual sliding door system manufacturer’s recommendations and/or installation guide when installing the door system. Set all units plumb, level and true.
- Provide all fasteners required for installation of the ICU manual sliding door system.
- Adjustment and Cleaning: After repeated operation of the completed installation, re-adjust doors for optimum operating condition and safety. Clean all metal surfaces promptly after installation.